04 October 2011 Placed in:
I’m sorry to say, I’ve broken two
predictions – we did add still even more more features after beta1,
and we did not release the final version this summer. But we had
several requests for that AutoUpdate, and really wanted to include
And, as you can see, we've now also found a new name for the
project, seeing as "CDs" have somehow aged in the last 10 years,
and don't convey the full potential of CDWinder anymore: CDWinder
is now abeMeda
! (the ABE MEtaData Analyzer)
So, what is New with abeMeda ?
- well, the new name, of course!
- adding an AutoUpdate, enabling business license holders to select
catalogs for daily automatic update.
- adding Copy functions for Name, Path, comment, MP3 tags,
thumbnails and GPS tags to the context menus
- also adding copy functionality to the inspector controls -
anything displayed there can be copied for use elsewhere!
- redesigning find window attribute list, and adding specific
search in document file contents
- improving QuickUpdate recognition and performance
- adding hidden setting to identify files without or with unknown
extension based on their content when cataloging
- adding "Prepare packed logfile" to Logging dialog - to ease
maintenance where mailing would not work.
- fixing or tweaking numerous other smaller problems...
- improving file recognition by optimizing timing and
synchronization with our metadata helper.
- added ellipsis' to our inspector controls if they are too small
to display all text - indicating that there would be more if it had
- fixed the layout and functionality of the found items context
- fixed that "show item in catalog" would lock up in certain
- fixed that you could deselect ALL columns in our new appearance
dialogs. Now the Name colum is always retained!
- fixed several problems with the layout of controls and windows,
and with the selection of items.
- fixed and enhanced the sizeGrip on the progress dialogs -
double-clicking that will now maxmimze the dialog!
- improving quality and output of our logging at different
I have the 6.0 beta 2 ready for download today, and we continue
testing. If you think you can contribute to testing, please drop me
a line here
I now plan abeMeda
6 to surface in November. In
the meantime I will keep you posted with the progress. If you have
any thoughts or feedback along the line, please let me know.